The Old VHS Minutes Thread!

Hunted around for the missing WERA screwdrivers and returned them to their perch.

I also cleaned off the flathead that someone had used as a putty knife. Please use a junkier screwdriver for prying or puttying. Thx!

6 Likes

If only there were bits of scrap wood or plastic or cardboard in the space, one could use that as a putty knife :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Even though I just stopped in last night to pick some stuff up:

• Reset Dustin on his charger
  • Pressed the “go” button on his fully-charged little sister, Buffy
  • Reduced the volume of our laser cutter scrap pile without getting rid of anything useful:

For exampe, start (right), and finished (left):

Whether or not the leftover parts are actually useful or if they should be kept is debatable. But getting rid of the useless bits is good for everyone!

5 Likes

Laser stuff done today:

Realigned mirrors 2 & 3, cleaned all 3 mirrors and focus lens.
Cut new material clamps since they tend to run away at night…

I made 2 files for clamps in :
Laser User Files/!Laser Stuff!/ :
…/3mm clamp
…/6mm clamp
as well as
…/ENGRAVING TEST (updated, cleaner)

6 Likes

Could we get a list going for tasks people could potentially knock off?
I eventually sorted some bins today, but it took more than my allotted one minute to figure out what to do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a good idea. Do you think it should be a separate thread?

2 Likes

I attended a workshop at VIVO this weekend, and after it was over I asked the instructors if it was okay to hand out some VHS stickers.

They said yes, so now 8 more people know about VHS. Thanks to @xquared for getting the stickers made!

3 Likes

Just made a One Minute for VHS Suggestions thread!

4 Likes

Cleaned out Dustin - he had tons of hair round his brushes/gears and he was full of bolts for some reason. Cut all that stuff off and then released him into the space to do more damage.

3 Likes

Updated the ‘Join Us’/membership page with the new membership dues and did some small updates so the signup process becomes more clear.

4 Likes

Updated the https://isthelaserbusy.com/ site to include last usage (or in the case that it is currently in-use, how long it has been used), and a favicon because lasers should have lasery icons.

5 Likes

I ordered filters for the lasercutter. We had a smell complaint from another tenant. Makes sense - filters will cut that down and with busy cutting season approaching it’ll be less stinky outside and inside the space. Thanks LCC for approving that purchase.

5 Likes

I brought the VHS sign inside on my way home when it was accidentally left outside.

4 Likes

Repaired a pair of laser goggles.

3 Likes

Brought in and fixed a thickness sander

6 Likes

Watered the plants. Left a bunch of candy.

4 Likes

Ate candy.

3 Likes

Did a little lunchtime backlink updating to help with SEO.

2 Likes

I recorded a walkthrough video

And here it is, currently unlisted pending comments or whatever. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That tour is awesome!