The Old VHS Minutes Thread!

Took our electronic waste bin to Free Geek to empty it.

8 Likes

Thanks so much!

Did maintenance on Buffy the Dust Slayer (our roomba). Now deep charging over near the Leopard room. May need a battery replacement.

4 Likes

• Wiped down this table and removed a bunch of miscellany
  • Printed 10 copies, double sided, of liability waivers (we were out)
  • Tested all the pens on this table, threw out all the ones that didn’t work
  • Hunted around the space throwing out garbage
  • Swept the woodshop floor and work surface after @Majicj did hero-level trash removal

Looking for something to do tonight? Here are some ideas:

• Test all the markers and pens on the main tables
  • Find a permanent home for the drills and chargers
  • Wipe dusty surfaces (sewing table, craft table, coffee table)
  • Tidy something else
8 Likes

Fixed the green horizontal metal bandsaw, it wasnt tracking right (turns out if you over tension the blade the frame flexes and the blade comes off, also the guides were not set right), also put a new cord end as the last one didnt have a ground prong and I enjoy the lack of tingly feelings when using power tools.

7 Likes

Did some promotion for the Pacific Woodworkers Guild meeting that is on tomorrow (Wed) night at VHS. Pacific Woodworker's Guild Meeting at VHS Wed July 17th 7 - 9:30pm

Looking for something to do tonight at open night?

• clear off main tables and wipe down in prep for guild meeting
  • test battery life on Buffy the Dust Slayer (roomba)
  • clean bathroom
  • sweep floors
4 Likes

Fixed our small Ridgid Vac by freeing an extension that got stuck in the hole on top.

The extension stored in its proper receptacle:

5 Likes

Ran Buffy the Dust Slayer (our roomba) tonight after a deep battery charge. The battery charge seems pretty good but something is off with the bumper sensor/bumper. Did not have time to troubleshoot further. I still can’t find Dustin so I’m pretty sure he escaped with a rock hammer down a sewage pipe and is sunning himself on a mexican beach somewhere.

1 Like

Dustin is MIA? :frowning_face:

1 Like

He must be in the place somewhere wedged under something. I looked around a bit but could not find him. Will look more when in later.

Cleaned the white tabletops last night with spray cleaner.

5 Likes

this actually took less than a minute…
i gave the toilet bowl a scrub…

8 Likes

Rearranged, cleaned up and properly set up the Solidworks PC. Also used a compressor to blow out a huge amount of dust from its innards.

4 Likes

Spent a whole lotta minutes working on SHHH42 stuff including posters.

3 Likes

Emptied out the big bag o sawdust from the dust collector in the woodwork shop cause recent fires.

5 Likes

have you ever made your own floor sweeping compound from sawdust and dish soap?

3 Likes

I cleaned out the air filteration in the wood shop. It wasn’t a perfect cleaning up, but the baffles inside and the filter got tidied up a bit. Hopefully that’ll help suck out more nasties out of the air.

5 Likes

I painted over two tags on the building, and scrubbed off one from the sign.

I have to say, the sign one felt like personal disrespect. Who does that? It’s not like it’s a corporate logo, clearly it’s somebody’s artwork, even if it is digital in nature. And clearly we’re a community organization. So I also made a police report, and sent in pictures, because fuck those guys. /end rant

7 Likes

Made fruit fly traps - it’s nasty in there. Thought I saw Brundlefly in the corner.

1 Like

Spent some time working on a cintiq tablet for the space. It needs a pen so if anyone has one that might work with the HD-22 and fancies parting with it for zero dollars or a beer, please let me know. :smiley:

1 Like