The Old VHS Minutes Thread!

I should add we really need a few blog posts in the next while if anyone wants to feature their project or anything else they are working on.

3 Likes

A travel mug with coffee was left in the Lost and Found. The coffee spoiled and spilled in the locker. It is now clean again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

spent more than 1 minute (but less than 10) trying to put away some of the small plastic drawers that have been piling up in front of the wall of hardware…

looks like we have some drawers that don’t have a place to go so will start trying to sort through and perhaps get rid of the mixed up probably never get used bits…

but that is for future minutes…

3 Likes

Someone spilled all the pegboard clips around the drill chargers. 60 seconds later? No more mess.

4 Likes

Woodshop stuff :

Cleaned the shop vacuum thoroughly today. This thing really needs to be emptied often, and the filter shaken/tapped over a garbage can. Emptying the vacuum but not touching the filter is about half the job done.

By the way do we have a policy on how to dispose of all the sawdust in the big vacuum (the one with the cloth bags)?
It was overflowing a couple weeks ago and I emptied it partially into a big used garbage bag I found, partially straight into the dumpster (no more garbage bags). BTW, emptying this thing when it’s more than full is really no fun.

I vacuum the front of the air filter above the workbench every time I run it. It really takes 1 minute. It seems to be a good habit because I always find it covered in dust the next day, meaning it builds up fast, and it actually does filter the air…

6 Likes

Added some new events to teh calendar.

2 Likes

Hunted around for the missing WERA screwdrivers and returned them to their perch.

I also cleaned off the flathead that someone had used as a putty knife. Please use a junkier screwdriver for prying or puttying. Thx!

6 Likes

If only there were bits of scrap wood or plastic or cardboard in the space, one could use that as a putty knife :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Even though I just stopped in last night to pick some stuff up:

• Reset Dustin on his charger
  • Pressed the “go” button on his fully-charged little sister, Buffy
  • Reduced the volume of our laser cutter scrap pile without getting rid of anything useful:

For exampe, start (right), and finished (left):

Whether or not the leftover parts are actually useful or if they should be kept is debatable. But getting rid of the useless bits is good for everyone!

5 Likes

Laser stuff done today:

Realigned mirrors 2 & 3, cleaned all 3 mirrors and focus lens.
Cut new material clamps since they tend to run away at night…

I made 2 files for clamps in :
Laser User Files/!Laser Stuff!/ :
…/3mm clamp
…/6mm clamp
as well as
…/ENGRAVING TEST (updated, cleaner)

6 Likes

Could we get a list going for tasks people could potentially knock off?
I eventually sorted some bins today, but it took more than my allotted one minute to figure out what to do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a good idea. Do you think it should be a separate thread?

2 Likes

I attended a workshop at VIVO this weekend, and after it was over I asked the instructors if it was okay to hand out some VHS stickers.

They said yes, so now 8 more people know about VHS. Thanks to @xquared for getting the stickers made!

3 Likes

Just made a One Minute for VHS Suggestions thread!

4 Likes

Cleaned out Dustin - he had tons of hair round his brushes/gears and he was full of bolts for some reason. Cut all that stuff off and then released him into the space to do more damage.

3 Likes

Updated the ‘Join Us’/membership page with the new membership dues and did some small updates so the signup process becomes more clear.

4 Likes

Updated the https://isthelaserbusy.com/ site to include last usage (or in the case that it is currently in-use, how long it has been used), and a favicon because lasers should have lasery icons.

5 Likes

I ordered filters for the lasercutter. We had a smell complaint from another tenant. Makes sense - filters will cut that down and with busy cutting season approaching it’ll be less stinky outside and inside the space. Thanks LCC for approving that purchase.

5 Likes

I brought the VHS sign inside on my way home when it was accidentally left outside.

4 Likes

Repaired a pair of laser goggles.

3 Likes