The joy of wire ferrules

If you’ve ever needed to connect stranded wires to screw terminals, you know how frustrating it is. The strands fray and never really make a good mechanical connection, and if you need to remove and reconnect, then all bets are off. Wire ferrules solve this problem by crimping around the strands to make a nice solid durable connector. They are truly a joy to use.

I’ve donated a crimp tool and a variety pack of ferrules. They live on the top tool shelf in the bin marked “crimp tools”, above the screw drivers and whatnot. I forgot to label them VHS so feel free to do so if you get the chance.

13 Likes

This is great Luke, I’ve never know a “good” solution for this kind of wiring. There are so many options and styles out there. I may invest in some of these.

This totally solves a problem I was trying to figure out for my project. Thank you!!

Awesome!

@lukecyca nice one, always good to see such neat work.

Those terminal blocks look really interesting, don’t happen to have a part number do you?

1 Like

Nope, For this post I cheated and just google image searched wire ferrules. :slight_smile:

Here’s where the image is from: Wire Ferrules – da-Share

https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/phoenix-contact/1788541/277-6251-ND/349080
Not the exact same thing but close.

And seconded, ferrules are awesome.

1 Like

This is embarrassing, I’ve been using them wrong all these years.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.