Take Control of Your Phone, Root it

Anyone interested in self help rooting your phone.

If you have a compatible Andriod device. It is time you root your phone.

SnoopSnitch is a good reason to root your phone.
To access radio data, root privileges are strictly required. SnoopSnitch WILL NOT WORK on devices that are not rooted,

SnoopSnitch is an Android app that collects and analyzes mobile radio data to make you aware of your mobile network security and to warn you about threats like fake base stations (IMSI catchers), user tracking and over-the-air updates.

To access radio data, root privileges are strictly required. SnoopSnitch WILL NOT WORK on devices that are not rooted,

If you have a compatible Andriod device. It is time you root your phone.

1 Like

Not to pee on your parade, but…

1. That list of SnoopSnitch-compatible devices only seems to contain 3+ year old phones
  2. Rooting in itself is safe, but it has consequences…
    a. You can’t apply manufacturer/carrier/Google updates anymore, which means you’re stuck on your current Android version until you manually update, and you’ll be increasingly at risk for security vulnerabilities in that older version.
    b. On a rooted device, malicious apps that are granted (or manage to escalate themselves into) root privileges can do just about anything.

I’d suggest experimenting with an older device first rather than messing with your daily driver phone. :slight_smile:

I choose my phone oneplus to have an open OS cyanmode. We have seen the
last CyanogenMod but we have oxygenOS.

But I agree most phones do not have open OS or continued support.
In practice they are closed OS/application stacks.

With regard to security with a rooted phone. A non rooted phone is more
secure against you. It is not more secure against attackers. Of course
users can be are tricked to into installing malware. But with that thinking
windows is more secure than Linux, it is not. Linux does require greater
user education. But that is a good thing.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.