Stand with Ahmed Arduino Binary clock Workshop #IStandWithAhmed - Sunday Sept 20th, 2015 3:30pm

Yeah, people had a ton of fun making the LEDs blink and fill in with different colours and patterns. Expanding on that, and, as you said, providing more of a basis regarding “if” and “for” would be great! Everyone was excited with patterning their LEDs with solid colours, so showing them how you could also iterate over colours (and not just pixel ID’s) would be great.

Thanks for organizing and hosting this! I think the attendees got a lot out of it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the arduinos with driver problems were some that we know
worked on other laptops. I think it was likely an OS problem as one laptop
was an old mac. Another was running Windows 8.1 so likely just some
tinkering with settings will solve the driver problem. I had just set one
of them up on a laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise with no issues (lol
except it was Windows 7).

2 Likes

At the event we were using a Windows 10 laptop and an old HP Hackintosh with OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard. The latter can only run Arduino IDE 1.0.6. It worked perfectly with an official Arduino Mega 2560 but did not detect an OSEPP Uno R3 Plus.

Both worked perfectly on the Windows 10 laptop with Arduino IDE 1.6

Ian

(Sent from a mobile device. I apologize for the brevity.)

1 Like

I really enjoyed this event. I’ve been playing with my own LED light strips at home and have come up with this practical use…cat mood lighting…;). My cat can now count in binary as well.

3 Likes

Ahmed was arrested for bringing a homemade alarm clock to school?

I wonder why?

Did it look anything like this maybe? :

Everyone needs a hobby, and humor is a very personal art form…

No, it didn’t look anything like that. It was an overblown story to start; let’s not make issue of it again.

3 Likes

Jeff,

no, it was old digital alarm clock from Radio Shack, which Ahmed had
removed from its original case, and put into a wooden pencil case.
It wasn’t even a clock kit that he had assembled himself.