Scroll Saws

• We have 2.

• Do we need 2?

• Does one do something the other doesn’t? Is one better than the other? Is that ‘one’ in both questions the same ‘one’?

• Can we get rid of one of them?

I have 0 experience with a scroll saw. If someone has some experience with a scroll saw, can you please look closely at both of them (ideally do a test cut on both) and come up with a plan?

Thanks,
-Mike

2 Likes
  • Do they both work?

• Would anyone give a scroll saw workshop?

• Could these be part of a larger jewelry making workshop so more than one would be handy?

• Given that we are moving to a larger (hopefully) space is it necessary to get rid of equipment?

Mark

They both work last time I checked. They are actually nice to have because they are more flexible then the band saw when it comes to deep cuts in large pieces. Though not sure we need both from the little they are used.

Admittedly the laser serves the same purpose in many respects.

FYI: Scroll saw can cut lexan and such stuff that can’t be used on the laser

1 Like

Scrollsaw boats! Forgive me for the music.

Not trying to say we don’t need both necessarily; just asking the hard questions.

So who is going to run that class? :). Put it on th calendar!

Yep, just letting people know they do work…

And wanted to spread the information that a scroll saw is an option for non-laserable materials. For those who weren’t aware,

I’d use a scroll saw more often, if I didn’t keep forgetting they are there.

1 Like

I can run a class if someone with more experience doesn’t step up first.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.