Reflow Toaster oven for VHS

Yes, my plan is to use a protoboard first and once it’s tested and working (and my hobbies fund recovers :slight_smile: ) I’ll send off for a batch of PCBs

If you are looking for a toaster oven to use for your own reflow oven:

Also look out for “dorm” sales in August, I bought mine at Target in Blaine for $US15.

Aw goddamn, I was gonna try and bid on them but I missed the opening time and they were nearly at the beginning of the auction. Any idea how often do they do electronic & household auctions?

About once per month, you can sign up for an account and they will email you their auction notices

I have a 225C thermal cut out if you want one for the oven…

1 Like

@TomKeddie About ‘Dorm sales’ did you mean students selling off their used appliances or is this actually a ‘back to school’ sale thing stores do?

Isn’t it preferable to use a new oven for this sort of thing?

Depends if you are willing to spend the time cleaning it or not. @packetbob donated a brand new toaster oven for the space. I’m building another one for myself based on a Krups Toaster Oven that I picked up for $10 from craigslist. I did have to clean it, but it comes with 6 heating elements and an mcu control system to turn the elements on/off.

I think that will work. I’m using the one that came with the oven at the moment, but I don’t know the cut-off temperature. I’ll look up the part number later.

Back to school sales, for $US16 I’d prefer a new one to cleaning random gunk from one any day :wink: