Quick Challenge - Chocolate Bar Design, Due January 19th

Holy crap this is awesome. Maybe we could include this in baskets for neighbors?

2 Likes

Sorry that is such a small wrapper image. Hereā€™s a bigger one.

Google Photos

1 Like

I did notice, however, that it has square sidesā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

ha ha my other idea was a chocolate Clovis Point - one of the oldest original tools ever made and used but it doesnā€™t have a flat bottom.

2 Likes

Split it in half and combine the two halves with ganache or nougat ;).

1 Like

Since this has been in my head all day - let me share it with you. Pretty sure Willy Wonka was a hacker.

I have no idea what Iā€™m doing with virtually anything aesthetic, so I thought I would look for the most minimalistic representation of VHS-ness I could think of. Concept idea:

3 Likes

The wonka bar idea is great but with the bar that was second in the conversation, with one square for each area. And the golden ticket could be altĆØre to be a ticket into an open house or something.

5 Likes

Just to mention my idea, even though I didnā€™t implement it. I was thinking of how to make a slide rule, but unfortunately the track would violate the design rules.

1 Like

choco slide rule would be very excellent tho.

1 Like

Thank you all! Now that there are some awesome designs, I hope a few Iā€™d them make their way into becoming actual forms. I expect the vacuuformer to arrive tomorrow and Iā€™ll be bringing it to the space in my next visit

2 Likes

ok lets make those chocolate bars.

Does anyone want to take on the task of 3d modeling the thing, It would take me literately forever and I think someone who knows what they are doing can do it in like 20 mins. I will take it over from there.

I have some polycarbonate in my car that can be used for food-grade moulds once we have something.

2 Likes

This has been in my head: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandpajoehate/

2 Likes

I see the Wonka-esque art is on instagram so Iā€™ve messaged the font designer to ask if we need a license for the font. I donā€™t think we will, but if so, I will buy it. Itā€™s 15bux. Thatā€™s of course if we are planning on using it.

2 Likes

The HIPS is a good chocolate mold (though the PETG is listed as better). If you want to pull a sample using the included HIPS, they are with the former.

For more info on materials, check out the material matrix:

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure we should use another design (i.e. as opposed to the wonka-ish label) for the choc bar as there are some pretty funky ones that give more of a sense of what VHS is all about. The one by @dbynoe for example is pretty awesome.

Also wonder if this is a post-covid projectā€¦germs n all that.

Behind the scenes, I was talking to some members about doing an online-based chocolate making workshop, so my idea wasnā€™t specifically to sell them in any short-term, but more, make it so we all can make our own chocolate bars :).

1 Like

Can we mix the two like Tuezysaurus sugested? the wonkaesq packaging with the bar I designed? Or perhaps use the same font as the sign.
Because I fricken love the golden ticket idea.
Iā€™ll see if I have some cycles this weekend to 3dā€™ify and clean up the design I made.

1 Like