PSA: NCIX Data Breach

This outlines a pretty bad situation with NCIX customer data. Apparently, their ex-landlord was left with NCIX’s old servers when they went under. In lieu of past due rent, he decided to sell them with all customer data included.

According to the investigator, several databases containing customer transaction records between 2007 to 2017 have been cracked and the contents sold to overseas data brokers. This includes passwords and credit card numbers.

It’s an even worse situation for ex-employees as they were storing SINs and tax forms in the clear.

If anyone here bought something from them for the last decade, please check your credit card statements carefully.

3 Likes

i saw that - I don’t know who is more of an ass, NCIX or the landlord. I read somewhere that the RCMP are investigating this. I hadn’t bought anything for them for a long time for reasons but since then my cc number has been stolen a couple of times so I have a new card anyway. Kinda wish they didn’t have my data though.

1 Like
1 Like

“Too little, too late”, as it appears from the original article that the data has already been released into the wild.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.