PayPal: This recipient is currently unable to receive money

Hello,

I’ve been to a few open houses and I’m looking to become a member. Your PayPal buttons on your website aren’t working and PayPal doesn’t give much feedback as to why.

The third button, for a one-time-donation, is the only one that gives any feedback: “This recipient is currently unable to receive money.”

I’m a web developer and unfortunately familiar with PayPal. Did they freeze your account for dubious, vague reasons, as they are known to do? I sure hope they didn’t, as that is probably your main source of revenue.

Either way, whomever is responsible for the PayPal account should probably have a look. This could presumably prevent your monthly membership dues from coming in. Hopefully this is something you are already aware of and working to resolve!

In the meantime, I’d like to become a member. Is there any other way I can give you money? E-mail money transfer? Cash? Gold bars at midnight? That last one isn’t a real thing.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Jeremy,

I’ve raised this with the Board of Directors.

Yes unfortunately paypal decided that we didn’t have enough information on our account, all other payments are fine. So I guess it’s only affecting new sign ups. It is being dealt with and should be operational in a few days. (maybe try again next tuesday)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Luke

3 Likes

It is back online @jeremypoole

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m a paying member now. Yay!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.