Packing up the bunker (Move out and clean up committee)

Added

Are there any other utilites that are in VHS’s name at the bunker?
@JohnC?

Yep, good point, Gas is in our name too. They will need enough notice to read the meter etc (we are on an averaging plan like most people so the meters get read rarely).

Yes. Gas is in our name. As far as I know internet and gas are the only two utilities in VHS’ name that will need to change as a result of our relocation. WE will also need to inform our insurance company, however since they did not change our premiums the last time we moved, I wouldn’t expect them to this time around either.

I will take the black rolling cabinet with the small CNC mill to Science World for a few months and will bring it back to the new location, hopefully after completing some upgrades to it.

I’ll be coming by with Science World’s van on Monday the 17th around 4:00pm to pick up the small CNC.

1 Like

By request, I will undonate the singer and serger we donated and take them home until we are settled and return them to the new space. I'll swing by over the weekend or early next week to grab them

3 Likes

“The server rack. @toma Can you take charge of this area ?”
Sure thing.

2 Likes

Hi all,

I dropped off a stack of boxes at the Hackspace. It was locked up so they’re outside in front of the Maker Mobile.

I’ll continue to drop packing materials as they come available.

Thanks for Inez for dropping off the shrink wrap!

Cheers!

1 Like

Pallets from Craigslist:

I don’t have a vehicle that can pick these up. Also, we need to make sure they are structurally sound (i.e. not broken).

Wooden & plastic pallets - $5 (Lower Lonsdale)

Our warehouse is closing and we are selling 6 used wooden pallets for $5 each. We also have 3 plastic pallets for $30 each.
Pick up only please. Please call Julie at show contact info ext 200 to set up time between Mon-Fri 9:30-2:30pm.
craigslist | canada

Free Shipping Pallets Skids (Annacis Island)
Hi,

We’ve got about 30 skids sitting out back ready to go. Please help yourself. 1090 Cliveden on Annacis Island behind near the Quiznos. First come first served. These pallets are all in good condition.

Could also make great kindling or firewood!

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/zip/4759637915.html

WOOD PALLETS (RICHMOND)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
UNIT 4 - 13520 CRESTWOOD PLACE
(google map) (yahoo map)

I HAVE ACCUMALATED MANY WOOD PALLETS AT MY WAREHOUSE AGAIN.
AS OF TODAY THERE ARE 8. PLEASE COME AND HELP YOURSELF FOR FIREWOOD, ETC.
YOU CAN CUT DOWN ON SITE AT THE BACK OF MY WAREHOUSE, IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO TAKE THEM IN PIECES.
YOU CAN COME ANY TIME & ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
NO NEED TO CALL OR EMAIL FOR PICK UP.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/zip/4758120316.html

FREE Wooden Pallets! (6760 No.3 Road)

6760 No.3 Road

FREE Wooden Pallets are up for grabs for someone willing to pick them up. They are outside Long & McQuade Richmond retail store, at the back by the green recycling bins in the parking lot.

There are about 6 of them up for grabs; available on a first come first serve basis.

Contact our Long & McQuade Store at show contact info for more information, or to arrange a pick up of all of them.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/zip/4757406311.html

1 Like

I just pulled them in.

Just to make it official
I will take point on the moving out committee. (You bastards)

I am planning on renting a truck with a lift for the move.
I am NOT a good driver let alone a good large truck driver. Who can drive a large moving size truck, preferably with experience? It would be nice to have two people. We will probably be moving out Dec 1st at this point.

Updated timeline
I will make a new topic about the next work day after the previous work day is done.

• Sunday Nov 16th - Packing day #2 - Bunker packing day #2 - Sunday Nov 16th
  • Tuesday Nov 18 - More packing (most of the desks packed up)
  • Thursday Nov 20 - Even more packing (most of the main room packed up), Garbage run.
  • Saturday - Sunday Nov 22-23 - Start demoing the wall
  • Tuesday Nov 25 - Most of the non essential tools in the workshop packed up. Drywall being taken to the dump, more garbage.
  • Thursday Nov 27 - Final packing up and clean up.
  • Nov 29th-Dec 1 - Moving !

Sill need a pallet jack, We can buy one for $150 but we won’t need it at the new space and I don’t want to have to store it. Anyone got a pallet jack we can borrow?

Looks like @garthomite has resolved our wooden pallet problem, We do not need any more pallets.

We need everyone to take any personal items home. Including wood for the laser!, and your lockers. We will do our best to contact people that have labeled their stuff correctly, but we make no promises. Your stuff may be destroyed or thrown out in the move. Best option for you is for you to come and pick it up.

We need more people to join the moving out committee. Please sign up by replying to this email.
We need more people to show up on packing days and pack stuff! We need more people power!

I will update the top post with the latest info as it is produced.

1 Like

You can call me to collect/drive the truck if reqd. but only have a regular license.
ph 604 837 2371

If it’s after 5 I could also help out with the driving (also only regular license).

I am also moving!

So I am very very busy. I will help out as much as I can.

This is The Month of The Move.

Is it worthwhile to try to sell the blade servers on craigslist?

We can try, if we don't get a bite by 30th they can go to the hackery

Already on it:http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/sys/4761811524.html

I don’t remember exact figures that I looked up yesterday, but from what I remember:

Ebay puts each HP20 blade at ~$60, and the LS20s at ~150, so this thing is actually worth >$5k in individual pieces. Going locally, we can expect much much less, especially for niche stuff on a timeline.

@toma wrote out that list of specs, I have no idea how any of the blade stuff works, I just copied it. Pretty sure we actually have fewer blades than that, but again, I have no idea.

If anyone has any tweaks, let me know. Can I re-iterate that I don’t know what I’m doing?

2 Likes

If you don’t need a special license for the truck, I can drive. I’ve
driven moving trucks a few times, and I’m more than comfortable driving
them.

If you’re moving stuff on the weekend ( 29th and 30th ) I can
help. I’ll be tied up on the night of the 29th ( girlfriend’s birthday
), but I’ll be able to help during the day. The 1st is a Monday and I
start a new job that day so I can’t help during the day – but I can
help in the evening if required.

I’ve got from the 24th to the 28th off, so I’ll be able to come down and
help pack stuff up during the week.

Oh god, I wish I had the space and the money to take those blades.

I can’t commit to week days but I was there packing today and will be there again next Saturday. You’ll want to grab more packing tape for tomorrow. I used almost all of it today cocooning the screw cabinets.

I’ll also be there on moving day. Looks like you’ve got lots of volunteers for drivers, but you can put me down as backup if anyone gets sick. I’ve driven up to a 5 ton.

@JohnC or @iMakeRobots: IIRC it was Dan who set up the Shaw stuff? Can either of you take ownership of this?