If you haven’t seen it yet, @Hekseskudd provided a new table saw! Its basically about as stout of a jobsite saw that you can get before you get into cabinet saw territory; I’m very excited! Last night @laftho and I did some cleanup and assembly. Below you can see what it looks like
The big benefits of this saw over our last:
Heavier (heavy saws are generally more stable and that translates to cut quality)
Safety Equipement (blade guard, riving knife, kickback pawls, and more accessible switch
Taller (the last saw was a lot lower than is comfortable to use, and comfort also can translate to safety)
Larger work surface (easier to work with larger materials
Metal surface (flatter, and allows for magnetic guides and other tools such as indicators)
Generally better construction (safer, better quality operation, etc).
We now have a few things that need to happen:
- Wiki needs to be copied from current table saw entry to new table saw entry and updated to match new info
- Table saw needs to be validated as good to use. @Stevemopolis would you be willing to take a look and make suggestions for our new saw?
- We need to deal with the old saw. @ninetynein, you are the champion for that saw, were you also the original donor? If you were the donor, would you like it back, otherwise, do you have a suggestion on what we should do with it?
- Adjust power cord holders to be more logical.
- Remove rust on under-side of table (near the front)
- Anything else?