New table saw blade ..?

There are paper masks on the shelf with the other PPE (and I think possibly a respirator, but to me that’s like using someone else’s toothbrush).

I built 2 of the design Steve shared, and on the thread where he shared it I shared a Fusion360/dxf version in case you want to print one out and gluestick it on to some plywood to bandsaw out.

Since I’ve built 2, I’ve only seen one; so I think one went missing. I can help make another tomorrow night if the other went missing.

Thanks Mike, lets do that.

All the best,
-Bob

Has the pdf/fusion…

Thanks Mike for creating the push stick. Unfortunately is was hard to do a lot pre-checking of cuts without any scrap, couldnt find any.

Does anyone know how to set a tablesaw blade to 45deg. I used a plastic tool (not sure what you call it) and found that the markings on the saw for angling the blade are not accurate. I set it for 43.5 deg but now have just found out that all my cuts still aren’t 45, so maybe the plastic tool wasnt accurate either. My guess is that it needs to be set to 42 or less on the saw. Have gotten really confused.

I guess Im needing a metal angle tool to properly set the blade but what Ive found is the teeth interfere with the as well.

Any ideas appreciated,
Thanks
-Bob

@Bobster747 - before I got a tilt box, I found that a large, plastic drafting square was the most accurate way to adjust the blade to 45 deg. Make sure the square is registering against the body of the blade and not touching any of the carbide teeth as that will throw your measurement off.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting a tilt box; but if you only need a few angles, we have something available to us that can make precision guides (laser cutter)

If you need a few angles for a project and have nothing to set them, I would recommend making a set of wedges on the laser cutter.

And because I said you could totally do this; here’s what I’m thinking:

http://imgur.com/D4ouVP3

And here’s the project you can download…

2 Likes

Thankyou, this is great, the tilt box etc. I should probably get a better drafting square. I only need 45deg to make nice miter joints on a box.

All the best,
-Bob

Did you end up making a wedge? I can try to cut out a set of various angles tonight

Some common angles.

wedges.zip (5.9 KB)

Hey Thanks Mike, no, not moved on this. I think first Im going to work on some left over wood, if I can find any and use the plastic square that we had/have.

There’s also an angle gauge in the metal shop area. Be sure to return it when finished but I last saw it next to the lathe.

Thanks, I can come down this evening and help you with whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.