Name Tags - because my memory is getting better

I bought a box of reusable name tags for use at open house night and other events.

As I have gotten older my memory for peoples names hasn’t kept up and I am sure many others have found the same. It would be great if people use them and then leave them at the space for next time they are in - rather than take them home and forget to bring them in. I’ll find a box or similar for them to live in.

7 Likes

Just start calling everyone “Jim Marketing” :wink:

Jim(Mark)eting

1 Like

I’ve had some success just calling everyone Steve

Except Loial. He is definitely not a Steve.

I have always been partial to “Hello my name is: Inigo Montoya you killed my father, prepare to die” if I have to fill out a name tag.
Though I could see it causing issues.

2 Likes

At work, getting names wrong has turned into a game.

Getting some else’s name wrong means you also get a signed a new one. And you are expected to respond equally to your new name. And to remember everyone else’s new names in the process.

I made 2 mistakes so I am also known as Tom and Toby. My friends mostly only have 1 secondary name, not 2. So I really know the problems of forgetting people’s names.

I only recognize peeps by their Slack handle at this point. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been thinking for a couple weeks that it’s really hard to sort out people’s face, name, username, and avatar.

I’m thinking of a 1 click solution that pulls things in from here and slack…

PS: I was doing some fun stuff with print-layouts in HTML recently so it’s not so crazy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.