Manual lathe training

Hi, I wonder if I could be trained to use the lathe.
I need to remove a thin layer of a rod (8.8mm ->8.3 mm) so that it could fit a linear ball bearing. The material of the rod is steel. I also would like to learn how to drill holes in the center of the rod.

@rsim @Gear105

Thank you in advance for helping
Emerson

Hi,
Thank yo Emerson, I would love to join in as well.
Thanks,
RK

Hello, @Emerson @Rebel_without_Clause
Unfortunately I am unable to train anyone on the lathe for the foreseeable future.

Wondering where the four jaw chuck for the lathe is, currently only a three jaw is installed

Should be on the lathe base in the plastic yellow bag.

1 Like

Hi,

Looking for lathe training as well!

Thanks,
Stefan

Thank you Stefan, I am looking for the manual lathe training as well.
Thanks,
RK

I’d definitely be up for this too.

Hugh

@Emerson @Stefan @Rebel_without_Clause @hughl87 I can run a training session on Sunday (July 9th) from 9am-2pm (it might finish up an hour or so earlier, depending on how things go - but leave the full 5 hours open as it is often necessary). Please let me know if you can attend.

1 Like

Hi Richard, thank you so much for your time. Yes, I would like to attend. See you on Sunday.

Count me in! Thank you very much Richard!

Thank you Richard!
I would love to attend on Sunday (July 9th).
Thanks,
RK

Yeah that works for me. Thanks

Hi Richard, just checking we’re still going ahead tomorrow?
Hugh

@rsim

Yep! See you all then. Just a heads up that you’ll have to remove any jewelry for the training (and whenever using the lathe),

@Emerson @Stefan @Rebel_without_Clause @hughl87 - I’m running a bit behind sorry; I’ll be about 20 mins late! See you all shortly.

Great workshop!
Thank you Richard!

Thank you Richard! Excellent training!

Thanks @rsim, very helpful class.

It looks like someone has used the exact same machine for metal spinning just with a different cross slide setup

Someones also tried it on a basic wood lathe

1 Like