Looking for metal fabricator for basic job

Hi all,

A friend contacted me looking to find someone to make a simple plate to cover a gap in his fireplace.

If you know a reliable professional who is interested in this work, please PM me the contact information. Details of the job follow:

We recently purchased 2 Amantii ZECL-26-2923-FM-BG fireplaces inserts from Fireplaces Unlimited in May. We’ve finally got them installed and discovered a problem.

Our problem is that we have a gap below the front glass where the feet can be seen. It makes the whole thing look unfinished.

Feel free to suggest modifications to our ideas.

We have two of these units and the size of the framed space varies. One is 720mm while the other is 730mm. In the living room there is a little plaster damage we want to cover - this needs about 20mm below the glass. The front glass is 744mm wide.

Thus, we think it definitely needs to be 744mm wide and maybe 25mm high.

Here’s an idea of what we’re thinking about.

We will probably attach them to the wall with construction adhesive - although you may have a better idea. We did consider some kind of magnetic fastening.

The plate will need to be perforated to allow enough air flow. We were considering a simple pattern such as slots to echo the heater outflow in the glass or round holes.

The bottom two corners should be rounded to match the glass.

We think the plate should be painted a gloss black to match the glass as closely as possible. Perhaps powder coating?

We have ordered replacement front glass for one of the units so may need to modify the width measurements slightly to match it when it arrives.

Here’s a photo of what they want covered:

Contact Jeff or Shane at Industrial Laser Cutting
http://www.industriallaser.com/

I think a piece of 16ga sheet painted with Black BBQ paint may be all
that’s required.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.