We have a plan, but we could use a few more people to help see it through.
- Laser is roughly in position. See the plan below
What needs to be done:
Thx @JohnC Set up the second arlink bench. This will be for the operator’s laptop, project assembly, etc.
- Make a little keyboard shelf, mount the monitor to the exposed 2x4s on that wall, put the computer below
- Run a cat5e cable to this area. (@TyIsI to advise) We need 3 devices connected, so we can use a switch as we did at cook. We have a switch for this purpose.
- Set up the raspberry pi, and peripheral control system
- Set up the chiller and air assist systems
- Move the ports on the filter box to better locations, rough in the ducts and blowers (@kleenpwr to advise on this). More detail at https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/commercial-laser-cutter-filtration/8723.
- We have a 120VAC outlet nearby, but we also need a 240VAC one. We will eventually get this, but @JohnC is going to make a nice extension cord so we can use existing power from the other side of the room in the interim.
- Install the laser tube, do an alignment, and do some test cuts to validate the filter performance
I will be at VHS this Sunday, Feb 24th, from 1pm-5pm working on this, and could use a few people to help. This task list doesn’t have to wait for then though. Please coordinate on Slack#laser and let me know if you want to help tackle any of this.