Job opportunity for handy person with a family-owned, social business with an enthusiastic team

Hi Everyone,

I’m not technically a VHS member, but I ran into Janet at the space last Tuesday and she said I could post a job ad on this forum.

Our mission is to fill the gap in the affordable housing market in Vancouver while proudly offering a community space for millennials. We offer assistance through our financial aid program for self-identified women, indigenous, and transgender people pursuing post-secondary education.

The Job Ad:

Home Maintenance Ninja for Family Business

The job involves maintenance of multiple homes in Vancouver residential neighbourhoods. You would frequently interact with residents of the homes, so a positive, professional attitude and good communication skills are essential.

Common tasks include replacement and repair of door and window hardware, light plumbing, unclogging of sinks and toilets, repair or replacement of broken light fixtures and bathroom fans, etc. It would also involve troubleshooting (but not actual repair) of major appliances such as fridges, stoves, furnaces, and hot water heaters. At times it would also involve furniture assembly as well as minor renovations requiring light carpentry, drywalling, and/or painting.

This job offers a ton of variety, ongoing opportunities to learn new skills, and the satisfaction you get from creatively solving problems and doing a job well. This position will be ongoing in our small-but-growing family-run social business. We strive to provide a financially and emotionally rewarding environment for all our team members. As we grow, your salary will also increase.

Only have some of the skills needed for the tasks listed above? We value aptitude and good attitude above knowledge and experience, and we will provide training and support for you learn on the job.

Have all the skills required but can’t commit to a full-time job? We can accommodate a part-time schedule.

The job has flexible hours and a lot of responsibility and organization are required. You must be responsive to requests as they come in. Generally expect to work Monday - Friday during business hours, although sometimes work outside these times may be required.

Driver’s license required, and a vehicle is an asset.

You must be allowed to work legally in Canada. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.

To apply, please submit a resume and a short email message about yourself and why you’re a good fit for this position. Please be sure to include your email address and phone number.

Please send applications to Conan@asheya.com
Cheers and thanks,
Conan

5 Likes

Also, please feel free to share this ad widely. It’s posted on Craigslist but I didn’t include the link because the forum doesn’t allow it.

Thanks for bending the rules so I can post the link to the ad :slight_smile:
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/lab/d/vancouver-home-maintenance-ninja-for/6886028166.html

Hi Conan, thanks for posting this!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.