Items Available for VHS Donation

In an effort to be continuously lean, I’m working on cutting down on some hardware and items that I have acquired and kept around because I thought I might use them some day. Seeing that they are all a sunk cost to me at this point, I’d like to offer them in return for a donation to VHS. Here are the items:

DC Motor and Gearbox
12 - 24 DC motor and gear box. 1000W max and will pull up to 200lbs at 120 ft/min @ 24V. This is used for pulling crab traps up. The original intention was to build a small crane for lifting bikes on my porch but I ended up not needing it.
I paid over $140 CDN to get it to my home (shipping is expensive!). Suggestion donation to VHS is $80.

Hoverboard Motors
350W brushless motors off of a hoverboard with hall sensors. Suggest donation to VHS is $20 each.

ESC
350W ESC ebike controller. Works on most brushless motors. Has reverse, hall sensors, and pot input for throttle. Suggested donation $10 each.

Linear Actuators

Both are 100mm stroke. One is 100mm/s and the other is 60mm/s. Both set at 24DC with pot feedback. Suggested donation $20 each.

Please message me back if you are interested in any of these items and want to make a donation to VHS.

4 Likes

brian. do you know what the gear ratio is on the motor with gear box?

@winegummo Unfortunately I don’t know the exact gear ratio. This is the link of the original ebay store that I bought this from: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/223948912202

@Brian_Stubbs do you have experience building E-bikes? We are trying to find a way to use donated batteries and one big idea is to make a Ebike conversion kit. If you have knowledge or experience, we would love your input.

I have some good experience with building battery packs, connecting brushless motors to to ESC, and controlling them. My preference has been to use the VESC controllers and interfacing them with either serial controllers from esp32 or analog pot.

I’ve never built an ebike exactly but I feel that my experience with building robots based on VESC (although more expensive but more more customizable) and brushless motors can certainly contribute significantly to an ebike conversion kit.

Banana Cart

In all honesty, the market ebike conversion kits are likely more economical apart from the battery. Building quality battery packs with just a little bit of elbow grease can cut the cost of a battery pack in half.

Seems like @Majicj, @sampath, @dbynoe also have some great experience with ebikes, battery packs, and ESC. I’m happy to contribute however I can.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.