Interest Check: Sewing Machine Training/Workshop in June

On a more serious note - my wife likes the block type designs.
She uses a green cutting board and rotary cutter with various quilting rulers to make the pieces.
To make life easier she uses a 1/4" quilting foot on her sewing machine when making the blocks - so if you wanted to have blocks 4"x4" you would cut them 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"

The actual “quilting” part is when you have the 3 layers and you are sewing them together - for larger quilts she sends them out, but for smaller quilts she puts a different foot in the machine and free forms.

I’ll see if she wants to do a demo on it one night at VHS

Steve

Looks like 1pm Sunday June 10 is the best. Also looks like making an apron is best for a teaching how to. Ok next thing is I did make a post about sewing supplies in the hackspace, in order to go forward we need these supplies.

Steve, please request your wife for a demo, that is awesome! Thanks!

Who all would be bringing their own sewing machine? There are machines at the space, just want to figure out how many on hand total if anyone brings their own

event posted! Sewing 101 Workshop June 10

I can bring my own machine however I have no idea how to operate it.

Cool! Definitely can help with that

I have a spare machine I can lend you folks. It’s an older machine, but it checks out.

meme

Hey all, there seemed to be several interested however i’ve only had 1 sign up for the workshop so far

So far 2 signed up for the workshop June 10, I have room for more!

Just a heads up, I have 2 spots left!

I will need some help flipping over the craft table if anyone can be at the class around 12:30

@davonna let me know if you still need to borrow my old machine. I will tune it up.

Edit: by old I mean - 60s machine, not super old old.

Will do. I need to test out what’s at the space

We have 3 working sewing machines at the space. I am encouraging participants in Sunday’s class to bring their own machine as well as class size is 6

I can bring my own machine. What else should we bring? I know nothing about sewing machines or sewing in general…

Just machine and foot pedal/power cord