How do i get an SMT chip placed on a PCB?

I want to put an AEAT-6600-T16 chip on a breakout board - basically with some protective diodes, maybe a status LED, some mounting holes, and a right angle JST connector. From there I can write the code and do the testing to make it go.

Please: How would you suggest I get this chip mounted? I have neither the time nor the facilities to do it myself. Is there a 3rd party you recommend? I’d want to order these in batches of 10-20pc (unless there’s a more convenient price break).

It’s a fairly easy part to solder, you could DIY or use macrofab in USA or pcbway in China.

https://www.broadcom.com/media/1210991783102/aeat-6600_wht.jpg

Thanks! I will research them now. do you prefer one over the other?

There are also generic TSSOP breakout boards available for a few $. You won’t be able to place other components on it, but for some initial breadboard testing they can be quite useful. I got similar magnetic encoder chip working like that once.

I’ve used macrofab, their UI has it’s issues but in general it works well. Allow a month to get your boards back. I’ve not used pcbway yet.

PDF: AEAT-6600-T16

Seeedstudio also does do pcb assembly as well. Up on another forum I know a user uses them (or at least used to) to produce some boards. It was my impression that the costs to do so, can be greatly reduced if you use parts from their standard parts list.

Yep, that’s the seeed OPL Fusion Open Part Library(OPL) Service - Seeed Studio22

Macrofab have the same concept (but smaller range) House Parts

I’ve found the seeed eagle libraries are terrible (eg. the schematic symbols are all on a different grid). The Macrofab ones seem ok.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.