Help: Need to read Drivers from 5 1/4 " Floppy, Floppy Drive please, Thanks!

Hello,

I need to get (copy) Drivers from 5 1/4 " Floppy (you read it correctly!).

Does anyone have/know someone who has 5 1/4" Floppy Drive?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
RK

P.S.: To run old DOS software, use DOSEMU in Linux, older the machine, the better it is!

Try FreeGeek? http://freegeekvancouver.org

I have reached out to BC Tech for Learning, though that is a long shot they keep a clean warehouse.

Will look at Neil Squire. We have a volunteer there who prides himself on the age of his stuff, but may take a couple of weeks to get from him.

2 Likes

I plan to call the FreeGeek & Hackery on Tue when they open (they have a “collectibles” shelf which has some pretty rare stuff).

Thanks for asking around!

A friend of mine has an rs-232 based external 5.25" drive. Would that work? Do you have something that can connect to that?

He lives in the Seattle area, so you’d need to deal with getting to him.

1 Like

Sure, that would be nice!
Thank you!

Okay; can you PM your info, so I can pass it along, when are you going to be able to be in Seattle?

They do see 5 1/4" drives at Free Geek. But you also have to get the cable and have a motherboard that they can plug into. Also Power plugs that support it. Those are still around.

Hey have one for you, has data cable too. Does not have power cable but that should be easier.

I will be at the next Open house night, can leave in the dropbox if you arent there?

The individual wpuld like it back when you are done with it.

1 Like

Sure, thank you, does it have is a USB or Paralle/Serial interface data cable?
Dropbox is good, please leave it in a bag (preferred) and write RK on it.
Thanks a ton Chad!

It is an IDE cable.

1 Like

Works, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.