Group buy: more filters for the laser cutter

The laser cutter filters are clogged again, anyone who uses the laser and wants to pitch in towards more filters can post here.

I’ve been cleaning/replacing the filters about every 2 months, and it requires 4 of these each time.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/filtrete-filters-20-inch-x-25-inch-x-1-inch-allergen-defense-mpr-1000-micro-allergen-filtrete-furnace-filter-4-pack-/1000537518

Also, anyone who is interested in learning how to clean the pre-filters/replace the charcoal etc… let me know, I’d appreciate any help with that.

3 Likes

I’ll chip in $20.

3 Likes

I can also chip in $20.

2 Likes

In case this helps illustrate the ‘filters are clogged’, here’s a run of the laser on vs pm2.5 sensor near the laser.

Thanks @lukecyca for building this logger!

4 Likes

I’ll chip in $20.

3 Likes

I can also chip in $20

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Also shout out to @Brian_Stubbs for helping clean the filters earlier this year

That’s a fantastic tool, really shows how the clogged filters backs up the smoke into the space.

3 Likes

I’ll chip in $20 also

3 Likes

$20 from me.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has pitched in so far! We also will need to buy more charcoal, so everything helps.

Eventually, the space may allocate a budget to pay for a portion of laser consumables, but even though we are recently reaching breakeven, we could easily still face lockdowns or unforeseen circumstances that could jeopardize VHS financially, so it will be limited to essentials only until decided otherwise at a QGM. 100% of the laser training fees simply go to the VHS account.

4 Likes

Speaking of which, here’s a shameless plug: if you’re a VHS member who is interested, please join the brand new exciting #budget-committee Slack channel to discuss to have a say in how we collectively want to allocate our resources!

1 Like

I bought a big bag of charcoal on the VHS credit card from the suburbs a couple years ago, I can do that again if we’re running low

1 Like

$20 from me.

1 Like

$20 from me.

Just realized I said I’d chip in and didn’t actually send the money - does it go to VHS or you personally?

In this case, I’ll collect personally and pick up the filters at home depot. I’ll send everyone a note with my email address for a transfer. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have purchased 2 packs of 4 filters and they are at the space. After tax, there will be a bit left over which will go towards more charcoal and perhaps new pre-filters. Thanks to everyone who pitched in!

6 Likes

I’ll pitch in too! I used the laser quite a few times in February. And I would be interested in learning how to clean and help out maintain the laser as well! Send me deets and I’ll etransfer. Thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Alanna

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.