Greater Vancouver Woodturners Guild season opener

The next monthly meeting of the Greater Vancouver Woodturners Guild is next Thursday, September 27th after a two month summer break.

Under @mike 's excellent tutelage, there are probably a number of new woodturners at VHS. I would like to extend an invitation to them and to any VHS member who has become interested in woodturning or are simply curious about woodturning, as an artform or for practical applications, to check out our website and attend our next meeting on Sept. 27th at the Sapperton Pensioners Hall, which is about 2 blocks from Sapperton Skytrain Station. There is also free parking at the rear of the hall if you get there early enough.

Things start to get going at about 6:30pm with the Pre-meeting demos, a technical discussion group and a design discussion group. The main meeting and presentations start at 7pm. It can wrap up anytime from about 9 to 10pm depending on what’s going on.

If you come, be sure to hunt me down and say hi. I’ll be the guy MC’ing the meeting and running around frantically trying to get my caca together before the main meeting.

3 Likes

I want to further add that the experience is for ALL levels, from touched a piece of wood once to experts. They do an incredible job at being inclusive and relevant to all skill levels.

I’d you made something either in a class or outside of a class, bring it for the gallery, there’s a safe discussion about what you did and what challenges occurred; it is great. As you enter, identify yourself as new and you’ll get the royal treatment. If you bring something to show (even if it isn’t 100% done) tell the person too!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.