[FULL] PCB Design Workshop - Monday, January 29th

Monday, January 29th, starting at 7:00pm, I will be hosting a printed circuit board design workshop.

The cost will be $5 for non-members, or free for members of the Vancouver Hack Space. This will be an ad-hoc test run and will be capped at 5 people.

We will be starting the creation of a PCB based on pre-existing schematics. The project is a Larson Scanner.

Recommended experience level: Maybe put together a breadboard circuit once.

We’ll go over:

• What a PCB is

• Standard workflow

• Tech details and gotchas

• Manufacturing and ordering

Upverter will be the PCB design package of choice for this workshop. It’s nice because it’s relatively intuitive, capable, free, and cloud-based.

Please create an account and do the tutorial before showing up, and then bring your laptop and a mouse on the night.

I’ll post an Eventbrite account in a few hours for the non-VHS exposure. Post here to sign up. Can somebody please add this to the calendar?

5 Likes

Hi @Jarrett,

Thank you so much! Please register me for the workshop.

Thanks,
RK

Please sign me up and thanks…

Upverter is based out of Toronto. And at least in the earlier days had
strong ties to hacklab toronto. They have a git cloud based solution which
makes sharing work easy.

Sign me up!

sign me up please!

Me too, please.

And they recently got bought by Altium! That actually makes me a little bit uneasy.

Thanks everyone, this class is all full up! I will be posting another one soon after.

4 Likes

does anyone have the link to the tutorial?
it doesn’t seem to be obvious to me…

These were the best I could find aside from the beginner’s tutorial that they lead you through on your first project (which I quickly tired of, unfortunately).

Just wanted to thank @Jarrett for putting on the Upverter PCB design workshop…
Course this means I now have no good excuse to not make a PCB…
Crap…

5 Likes

Thank you @Jarrett! Upverter is quite a bit intuitive than other PCB Design tools!

Big thanks to @Jarrett on this one!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.