FS: Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (Windows tablet, with keyboard cover/case)

I bought this little guy last August and only started using it intensively in the past few months.

It’s a 12" Windows tablet with a keyboard stand/cover. The keyboard is surprisingly good for its size, better feel than the new MacBook Pro keyboard. 8GB RAM, 7th gen i5 CPU, 256GB SSD, 1440p 3:2 screen. Might be good especially if you’re looking for something portable and pen-based that’s much cheaper than an iPad Pro; it has a Wacom-style pressure-sensitive pen that works well. Great condition.

I’ve found that it doesn’t really work well for me (too floppy to be a good laptop; too heavy to be a good tablet, doesn’t run Linux super well) so I bought one of @lukecyca’s rMBP13’s.

MSRP was originally $2k USD (lol), there’s one new on eBay for $900 USD, so I think I’d part with it for $800 CAD. I’ll offer it to Craig eventually if no one here takes it.

1 Like

It is interesting that it uses an (AMO)LED display, more generally an emissive display, instead of an (AM)LCD.

hey, yes, it’s AMOLED.

Does it have a fan? Is the internal SSD removable or fixed on the motherboard?

I believe it has a fan, but it doesn’t run annoyingly often–this machine doesn’t have a discrete GPU. I believe the SSD (256G) and ram (8G) are not removable/upgradable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.