ESP8266 WS2812 "Partycat" controller

@Hekseskudd we’ll have a party cat party. It’ll be awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@lukecyca has all the party cat been spoken for?

The initial batch is gone, but I was able to scrounge enough parts to make 10 more which I’ll do tonight.

As of right now there are 9 kits still available.

2 Likes

You are the party king of cider and cats.

1 Like

I’ll take 1 if it’s available​.

One for me too!

@lukeo @Majicj Yes there are a handful of kits left, plus I’m ordering some more parts for a dozen more kits. You can use the PayPal link above of PM me for alternate arrangements.

I’ll be in Friday evening @Janet and would appreciate the help.

I’ll be down @gibbtall - what time will you be there?

Who was doing the soak test of the party cat at the space? Cool idea!

I’ve found the ESP on my NodeMCU decently stable, but I’ve found sometimes coming home I wasn’t able to form a TCP connection to it until I rebooted. This was pretty unscientific tho…

So what I’m saying is after the soak test of running the LED pattern, I’d suggest also running a wifi program and seeing how it does long term.

@lukecyca Any experience with long running cats?

1 Like

Got some errands so more likely 3+

I will prob not be there until 7pm.

I’ll be around this afternoon after 3pm. Happy to help with building/programming/troubleshooting.

That’s mine. I stuck it to the wall so people can see one working. Feel free to reprogram it. Right now the red LED just bounces around, but I’d like to make it do something different when VHS is “open” vs “closed”.

1 Like

For those of you who have paid but not received your kit yet, I’ll be there tonight and can give them out. Or PM me and let me know if you’d like me to leave yours in the drop box.

If anyone still wants one, I still have 4 more kits available.

Thanks for my kits Luke, if anybody else is planning on assembling theirs in the next while at the space I sure would appreciate some guidance, this build is a little more advanced than I had expected…

If a build night is setup I can bring the solder paste dispenser to make it easier to paste up the boards… Unless Luke has a stencil for it…

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I haven’t tried building mine yet but @Gibbtall was hand soldering his last night and it looked great.

I picked mine up tonight. I’d be up for a build night.

1 Like

I would love to join you for that build.

I’ll be at VHS tomorrow night (Tuesday) so we can make this a build night. If anyone has yet to pick up their kit, this would be a great time to get it.

Also I’ll be available to help with assembly and programming.

2 Likes