Does anybody have storage space we can use?

Idea monthly rental of secured covered parking spaces to store pallets

It does not freeze in vancouver.

We can store chemicals separately. Thoughts should I look into this.
How many pallets do we have now?

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/search/van/prk

1 Like

About 700 sf worth of stuff

That is 2 40’ containers,
or 4 parking stalls.

Anybody have a friend who is a transport truck driver.

If so we could rent two truck trailers. Parked at the space, loaded and
moved to a parking lot.

Hi, guys.

Science World has generously offered to let us make use of their offsite storage facility on Powell St near Commercial Drive at no cost to us. There is plenty of room for everything and there is a raised loading bay.

I’ll be sorting out the details, but so far one the conditions are that I have to be present the entire time at the facility during the load in/out days, however I’ll only be available to do so on either Monday 22nd, Tuesday 23rd, or Tuesday 30th (but only one of those days); January is a bit more flexible.

Let me know if we want to pursue this route; we will need to plan a truck rental.

5 Likes

I will book a truck tomorrow on any one of those days.

Comments:

• I don’t think it is possibly to move in one night?
  • Tuesday has open house people available probably

So we might be able to get around the time issues by having, like 8 people at each end loading the truck the second it hits loading bays

If we can move on the 22 and 23, then we can take the wall down after
without worrying too much about dust.

At this time, I’m avl. during the day, Mon 22 to Wed 24.

Avail 6am - 10pm, @JohnC you are awesome.

Also probably avail on the 30th but more wall demolition time woukd be better.

If we were going to rent a truck for 2 days, can we just rent 2 for 1 day instead, for around the same price? That way we could have one unloading while the other is being loaded - should speed things up quite a bit I expect.

Pipelining FTW! :smiley:

lets send an email to the old vhs general list asking for help.

I should also mention that there is a pallet jack at Powell Street that we’d be able to use.

1 Like

Good idea, this will need two drivers. I’d prefer not to drive but can/will if necessary. Drivers will, of course, also need to be the renters of the trucks.

I can help either Monday or Tuesday

Tell me when and where to be and I’ll be there.

Amazing. Thank you John. I will be down on Monday to help.

Just to make sure, the truck comes with a liftgate, right?

I mentioned this about a month ago and it sounds like you have the storage situation taken care of. But if you do need any space for whatever reason we have quite a bit of storage space between our membership out here in the valley (some of our members have farms with outbuildings). Please let us know if you need a hand!

Space has been found

Closing this thread.

if you want to help move I suggest checking out this thread