Cypress Umbrella

Smart day after elections so you get more press.

Also going to suggest. Unless you’ve got plans to corner the market on the canvases, you could setup on your website a place where other people could sell there designs to your buyers with you guys taking a cut of the sale.

2 Likes

Update #7 - October 20, 2015

Ladies and Gentlemen.

We are now live. Super early birds are going fast!

Click below to go to our campaign page
http://kck.st/1OPQ8mh

Regards,
Team Hedgehog
Facebook: Redirecting...
Twitter: @CypressUmbrella
Instagram: @CypressUmbrella

5 Likes

Backed! Looking forward to getting mine!

1 Like

Backed

1 Like

Backed. Good thing I’m normally up at 5:30!

1 Like

Backed! I want my rain-deflector.

This is gonna be the first umbrella I ever buy, and the first kickstarter I back.

1 Like

Backed! Is it ready yet???

1 Like

The fund raising campaign is live now and time is limited.
Every penny counts, your support is making this excellent remarkable Canadian design into production reality.

Backed!

I was on the fence because I’ve never owned an umbrella, but I showed it to
my wife and she was all “I want it now”.

1 Like

Story on it at Vancouver Sun

4 Likes

Awesome! Mentions VHS in a great way!

The bulk of the work was done in Vancouver Hack Space, a communal work room near the Olympic Village, where would-be inventors can play with equipment like 3D printers and metal lathes, and bounce ideas off each other.

1 Like

Yes, I agree - it’s awesome that they promote VHS every opportunity they get.

2 Likes

Congratulations guys to hitting your $50K mark. Be interesting to see how far you go.

1 Like

24 Hours Remaining!

Hi Everyone,

The past 29 days has been extremely eventful for us. With over 150% raised, that’s more than sufficient to bring the Cypress Umbrella to the world.

Thank you again for everyone’s support and a double thanks for everyone who backed us. This project would not be possible without the wonderful world of VHS.

Your Sincerely,
Team Hedgehog

The campaign is about to come to an end in just under 24 hours. If interested, here’s the link → http://kck.st/1OPQ8mh

4 Likes

Congratulations on an awesome kickstarter. I backed it and look forward to getting an umbrella.

Please, keep us updated on how the rest of production and fulfillment goes. It’s really awesome to see something like this come out of VHS and even better to see it successful.

4 Likes

And when you need an army of volunteers, do ask here, it’s not like you just raised $10mil and will even be paying yourselves a fair wage.

3 Likes

Update #9 - March 11, 2016

Hi Everyone,

First off, we would like to apologize for the lack of updates. We aim to keep the VHS updates as informative as possible, and at times we feel that there are just not enough achieved to publish an update.

The past 3 months has been eventful, the funds from the campaign were transferred successfully and we we both traveled back to our respective hometown for the holidays. As soon as we recovered from our holiday hangover, we immediately got back to work.

Shortly into 2016, we have unfortunately encountered an issue that prompted a design change. We are glad to announce that a solution has been put in place, and that the issue has since been fully resolved. However, this issue is projected to push deliveries couple months behind. Nonetheless, we believe the delay was worth it in order to deliver a stellar product.

As of February, both of us has transition to working full time on the Cypress Umbrella and by the end of March we will both be temporarily relocating to Waterloo, Ontario. The successful Kickstarter campaign has allowed us to be accepted into the University of Waterloo’s Velocity Incubator, where we plan develop the supply chain and assemble the umbrellas.

“Velocity is a leading entrepreneurship program at the University of Waterloo and the largest free startup incubator in North America. From idea to product development to commercialization, Velocity provides the knowledge, tools, space and network that startups and entrepreneurs need for success. The Velocity program includes a student dorm, workspaces in Waterloo region, events, mentor programs and more.” Velocity alumni include Pebble, Kik, Thalmic Labs and many more.

See Links for more information → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCLbu4bHrxQ http://velocity.uwaterloo.ca/about-us/

As much as we love to stay and work out of VHS, we feel that at this stage, Velocity is far more suited for us. We would get access to more space, tools, resources, mentorship, and be located closer to Canada’s manufacturing industry to ensure we deliver the “Last Umbrella you will ever buy”. We will be spending the next couple weeks packing and planning our move across the country.

We do plan on keeping this thread active and hopefully sending out updates more frequently. Thanks again for all the support.

Cheers,
Team Hedgehog

6 Likes

Well, it’s been a long road (and a name change), but my hedgehog umbrella arrived today, and it looks excellent!! Well done guys!

3 Likes

That’s exciting! Pictures!

Lucky! Mine are still being driven across canada.