@Phillip_Ma
@MLeiper
@Pat
@Eviickaaaa
@WDaynes
@macintoshsj
@Redrosesforever
@JohnC
If I missed anyone please add kudos here.
It was a long two days with some unexpected hiccups such as tool malfuntions and having to do a minor rebuild on the first table to resquare the frame. We added studs down the center of the the table once we shifted the offset seam to the center. Lots of support on this so thank you all!

7 Likes

p.s if someone has the ambition can they apply some liquor to the pine trim? this stuff should work. Iā€™ve left the can and a paintbrush as a hint!

ideally it gets done at the end of the day so it can dry by morning

7 Likes

That looks incredible and like it was a lot of work. Thank you thank you. Thatā€™s a huge improvement.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, Tara and I varnished the wood after you left! Just needs 3 days to fully cure

9 Likes

Probably good enough tonight. A second coat tomorrow evening if someone is around would be awesome though so it has a chance to dry.

2 Likes

Great work everyone! I canā€™t wait to see the space again once I return, this small change made a huge difference.

Strange idea but I wonder if attaching plastic sheets that roll up but can be pulled out to cover up the table with while working would encourage keeping this new countertop in even better shape. (Itā€™s something I do with my kitchen table at home, hopefully then those too lazy to grab a mat will save the table from stains/small scratches)

I might try and whip up a prototype of what Iā€™m thinking sometime next week and reply with an example, as I donā€™t think it would take much space and might go a long way, especially since itā€™s a white tabletop!

4 Likes

A few spaces ago we used to tape some brown paper from a big roll onto the table and change it out every few weeks/months. I remember the message that would usually be written on the fresh paper ā€œplease donā€™t jankle the tableā€.

2 Likes

Must be in the MakerWater - met with Cranbrook Makerspace today (http://www.yxcmakerspace.ca/) and they replaced their tabletops over the weekend as well.

2 Likes