Coming in for the first time to the open house. Who do I talk to?

Hi everyone! I’m looking to come in during your open house and use a hot air station to solder something. When I come in, is there someone I should talk to? Do I just find a station and start using it? Whats the general procedure?

4 Likes

Hi Adam,

Check out http://isvhsopen.com and it’ll say when the appropriate time is.
Usually around 7:30 or so.

Show up, look a little lost at the front door, and someone will come over
and get you set up with signing our liability waiver and give you a tour if
you like. From there, yeah! Feel free to start using solder gear! Be
careful not to damage anything and be clean up after yourself and enjoy
yourself! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Jarrett!

1 Like

I hope you had (or are having) a great time. I didn’t make it out tonight but we love showing people are space; and we hope you come back and, if you like, become one of us!

I’d love to see what you are working on; feel free to start up a posts under the projects section if you want to show off what you are up to!

-Mike

2 Likes

Hey Mike!

Yeah I had a great time last night! Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. I was able to use the hot air rework station to take out a possible bad cap on my old macbook logic board. Unfortunately, I ripped off a copper pad with it. I’ll have to come in again next week and run some wires!

Adam

2 Likes

By the way, so members have access to the space IF there is a keyholder there as well. How often are there keyholders in the space usually?

Just a FYI Key holders are not required to open the space for drop-in members when they are at the space. They may do so and sometimes do this on a semi-regular basis. For example COSPLAY Weds.

So come down to the space when you can and get to know some of the key holders so they can vouch for you when you apply to become a key holder :wink:

As Jarrett mentioned above you can check http://isvhsopen.com to see if VHS is open for drop in.

Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.