Cleaning Log - May 27 2017

Just finished cleaning up the leftovers of some sort of drug injection and Tim Horton’s garbage party at the front entrance, complete with used needles and bloody tissues. Thankfully, managed to find what appeared to be the one and final rubber glove left in the space.

Would also like to remind whomever locks up the space to turn off the fans, and make sure the window is not only closed but also locked, preferably with that handy piece of wood that conveniently is cut to fit perfectly in the slot.

And now, to start on the wood shop, so there is actually enough room to start working on what I would like to do today…

6 Likes

Thanks Jake for doing that. Sounds very nasty. Sorry to hear about the woodshop also. Hope you get some good work done today on your project. Also sounds like we need some gloves. I’ll prod a few people who go to Costco.

A few other space related things were done today:

I helped (well, really just watched) @Gear105 do maintenance on the TAIG CNC Mill.

@rsim and I did some preventative maintenance on the laser: tool:laser_cutter:maintenance_logs:2017_05_27 [Vancouver Hack Space]

4 Likes

would the building be willing to put a “this area under video surveillance” sticker by the front door (regardless of camera status)? Maybe that would cut down on the Hastings street back alley retro feel.

In case anyone ever needs it, this is the number for the Vancouver Needle Exchange:

604-657-6561

You can also text them for pickup of any needles you find.

(I’ve texted/called them plenty at the bunker)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.