Call for Artists

So I’ve recently started expanding the items I offer in my Etsy store to pins, but I’m also looking to offer stickers and more as the opportunities show up. So I’m looking for some artists to work with me on merchandise. I’m still planning in offering some Nerd culture questionably legal items, like pins from Overwatch, as they grab a good audience, but I’d love to have more original art in my store. So I’ve drafted a contract with that in mind, the idea is that if you’ve got some piece of art, that you’d like to make some money off of, but don’t have the time to manage an online storefront and we presence, let me be that storefront. I’ll handle the purchasing and even fabrication if needed of your items, and sell them in my online store RocketmanProps.com, advertise them and give full credit to you as the artist. I’ll also let you purchase at cost any inventory for you to sell at conventions yourself or wherever you’d like. The contract I’ve attached goes in to more detail and hopefully covers anything you’d be worried about but the jist of it is, I’d pay out %40 of the sales to you at the begging of the month, minus 50% of the costs to create the item.

Here are the examples of the brass pins I’ve been selling for $10 each. These are the expensive ones to make, about $200 for the first 50 pins, but much of that is the cost of the mold so the cost per pin decreases quickly. It’s also all made in Ontario in one of the last pin presses in Canada.

And here’s an example of a wood pin, made on our laser cutter and backed with a brass post. These I’m still working out a cost for, my first purchase of pin backs was kore expensive than it needed to be, but they still come out really cheap per pin.

I havn’t looked too deep in to stickers or other items yet, but if you’ve got something that doesn’t fit pins, definitely let me know, I’m happy to expand to more stuff.

RocketmanProps-ConsignmentContract.pdf (64.7 KB)

4 Likes

Hi Gibbtall,

Sent you a message to your Etsy shop.
I’m Vancouver based, interested in helping out with the art side :slight_smile:

Art portfolio
haiweihou.com

Etsy shop
FINEBLOCKS

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.