Battery recycling box by call2recycle

I was in the process of arranging for the battery recycling box by the door to get picked up when
I noticed that the box states that no vehicle battery. There is one vehicle battery in there.
i have removed it from the box for now. and since the box is no longer full, I don’t think we should send it to recycling

Any recycling depot will take batteries, we just have to make a trip, but I noticed there is a prepaid purolator tag on the box, so presumably we made prior arrangements with this call2recycle place
I would love to hear thoughts from who ever made arrangement in the first place on how to proceed.

2 Likes

I think it might’ve been @TechNoir who arranged it?

If I recall correctly, this was arranged for through the hackery (David Repa), but yes, there’s a number on there that can be called for collection…and possibly getting a new one.

Alternatively, you should be able to drop it off at the Home Depot on Cambie.

Well if we use their pick up service, then that car battery will have to find somewhere else to go.

Take the car battery to the Canadian tire autoparts desk.

Pretty sure it wasn’t me that set this up.

I’ve dropped off the battery at the recycling depot. It was a sealed lead-acid motorcycle/UPS battery, so less dangerous (ie: no spill-able acid) than a car battery.

For future reference, remember: If the battery doesn’t fit in the box opening, take it home.

2 Likes

Thanks.
Which depot did you drop that off at, for future reference .

so just to assuage @Majicj 's (and mine) fear of a Lipo fire, i’ve dropped off the compromised batteries at home depot.

4 Likes

The Canadian Tire at 7th and Cambie is the closest facility that accepts lead-acid batteries. Second closest is the Vancouver Recycling Depot on Evans Ave behind Butler Box and Storage.

2 Likes