Back in the Hack, at last

Hi, Everybody. Joined VHS just about 3 months (i.e. 3 dues cycles) ago, but have only just made it back into the Space after some internet confusions. In the meantime, I’ve busied myself with working up some SVG files I’d love to realize on the various CNC cutters, as well as some mold making, plastic/resin casting and maybe even some silk screening. For all of this, I could sure use some training, whether formally certifiable (viz. laser cutter) or just ad hoc tapping into ambient expertise. I also have a couple of people I’d love to introduce as potential new members – a neighbor (a woodworker) and my son (an electronic music geek and photographer/videographer).

Look forward to finally catching up with VHS and getting to know you-all. .

4 Likes

Hey Lincoln, welcome to VHS!

Sounds like you should join slack, most of the specific discussion happens there. You can request an invite from the “get involved” tab at membership.vanhack.ca.

I am usually the one to run the laser training, so once we figure out a way to operate group events again I will post an update, hopefully soon. Things will be slow for a bit with the restrictions on social places, but I hope you have a good time and I look forward to meeting you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.