Amateur Radio Course

Do you mean something like the RTL-SDR? Receiver only, no transmitter.

Yes - the $10 ones from DX or Ali are basic but work quite well.

I’ll be bringing my RTL-SDR tonight with laptop to show off basic SDR waterfall stuff. I don’t have any advanced stuff set up yet though.

I’ve also got my Baofeng uv-5r again, and a programmable Retevis H-777 (Baofeng 888s relabeled).

1 Like

As mentioned, all the posible q questions on the exam (http://apc-cap.ic.gc.ca/datafiles/amateur_basic_questions_en.pdf) page 35.

QRS - Send more slowly
QTH - My location is
What is the proper Q signal to use to see if a frequency is in use before transmitting on CW?: QRL
QSY - Change frequency
QSB - Your signal is fading
What is the proper Q signal to ask who is calling you on CW?: QRZ
QRM - I am being interfered with
QRN - I am troubled by static
The “Q signal” indicating that you want the other station to send slower is: QRS
Who is calling me is denoted by the “Q signal”: QRZ
The “Q signal” which signifies “I will call you again” is: QRX

Nice concise list
Thanks

I did the practice exam last night and got 57%. No surprise, but the sections that I did the worst on were the ones that we haven’t talked about in class yet, and I haven’t reviewed on my own.

I did get the dB question we were discussing, whether it was supposed to be 3 or 3.3
Question B-005-008-007:
"The power output from a transmitter increases from 1 watt to 2 watts. This is a dB increase of:
A 3
B 30
C 6
D 1
"

As you can see, there is no 3.3 choice. I know we had figured that out last night, but just wanted to let y’all see the question.

Cheers,
Inez

1 Like

Can’t make it tonight :frowning:
Sorry @toptekkie, I’ll do my best to read up on what we cover. If anyone can do notes on the topics, I’d greatly appreciate.

Tonight Farrell answered my questions about triode vacuum tubes, field effect transistors, circuits, parallel and series connections and other stuff. I’ll post the questions when I get home.