A bunch of new HAM operators at VHS

Today we hosted a Basic Amateur Radio Certification exam at VHS with the help of Keith, a volunteer instructor. We now have 5 new members with basic HAM licenses: @lukecyca @rsim @InezG @Rob_MacKenzie and myself.

Right as the exam was concluding, we even fired up the radio and listened to the check-in on VECTOR’s weekly radio net (while having a celebratory drink of course).

I haven’t received my call sign just yet but will post when I get the opportunity.

9 Likes

Grats lady and gents!!

Congratulations to everyone in the course, well done!

K, got it. VE7LBU

1 Like

Hey this is great news from up here in Prince George with MakerMobile
Well done to you guys / now for the CW part when I get back
And an efficient VHF antenna “farm” on the roof.

4 Likes

Congrats!!! That is excellent!

I couldn’t get my initials (and didn’t really want initials), so I chose my name: VE7INZ
:smile:

5 Likes

I am VA7LDC.

Huge thanks to @toptekkie for preparing us for the exam. I learned a lot in the process.

4 Likes

Congrats all…
I recommend you look into getting involved in VECTOR…
Not only to help support a valuable resource but to also get some real world radio practice…

Bob
VA7TCP

1 Like

All I need now is a radio! :slight_smile:
Keith, the examiner, gave us cards for Radio Sport Canada: www.ardf.ca I haven’t checked them out yet, but I will, as well as checking out VECTOR.

Congratulations to you all!! Wish the timing was better for me to study along with you and take the exam, but it didn’t quite work out. Next time. Thank you so much @toptekkie for teaching the class!

Congrats!

Congrats all. This excellent news. Sorry I did not make it after the first
night but health issues changed my priorities.

Sign guy
VE7PXG

Big thanks to @toptekkie! I’m VA7GMP
Look forward to getting my radio on!

2 Likes

Congrats everybody on securing your license!! If you are interested, I may be looking to sell my ICOM IC-V80 single band radio that I just purchased around 6 months ago or so. I only used it once during the Sun Run this year but I have found that I am happy with my Yaesu as my primary radio. So if you are interested please let me know.

http://www.icomcanada.com/products/amateur/amateur_ic-v80.html

Cheers!

Congratulations to all the new hams!

After much deliberation and flip-flopping on call signs, I’ve finally gone with VA7RSX.

3 Likes

Anyone have the VECTOR sign up package for the fireworks they could forward
me.

Thanks
Signguy